1. ADMISSION CRITERIA
Applications must be submitted through the on-line submission tool. Applications submitted after the deadline or applications submitted outside the EMSE official submission tool will not be considered. There are two calls for admission for each edition of the programme. Please read the respective Call before proceeding with the application.
In order to be admitted, applicants must fulfill the following criteria and provide documents requested:
- Meet the application deadline
- Indicate the preferred mobility track
- Have excellent academic background. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their curriculum vitae, academic grades, professional experience, motivation letter explaining their education and professional objectives, and letters of recommendation.
- Have been awarded a BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or degrees with equivalent skills in the three areas (Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering) by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- For the first call, applicants who have not completed their BSc degree yet, but are expected to graduate before July 31st 2018, are allowed to apply to the current call for application. However, if selected, to be admitted to the program they will have to provide a copy of the BSc degree certificate before July 31st 2018.
- Provide proof of proficiency in English language at level B2.2 (CEFR).
- With one or more of the following internationally recognized certificates, issued no more than 5 years before application deadline date: TOEFL (>=567 (paper based), >=227 (computer-based), or >=87 (internet-based)), IELTS (>=6.0) or equivalent certificates. For more information regarding “Equivalent certificates”, applicants are advised to check the conversion to level B2.2 in the following file (page 6 & 7) English Conversion Table (updated)
- With university declaration of undergraduate studies in English: applicants who have received a degree from a university-level institution where the official teaching language is English must submit a declaration issued by the same University stating that English is the official language of the respective program of degree at level B2.2 or equivalent.
- With country of origin certification: applicants who are citizens and first-degree-holders of the following English speaking countries Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritius, Micronesia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zambia or Zimbabwe must submit a document attesting their country of origin.
- The consortium may request an assessment of the student’s English level during the selection interview.
Candidates from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are advised to contact in advance the relevant Italian diplomatic Representation in their country of residence in order to confirm the documentation required for the pre-enrolment procedure in case of acceptance.
The absence of any of these documents in the Submission Tool by the deadline may lead to rejection of such application:
- A copy of the of English proficiency certificate;
- Curriculum Vitae (European format);
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport);
- Proof of place of residence (e.g., residence certificate). See FAQ page for more details;
- Certified (translated into English) copy of university diploma;
- Certified (translated into English) copy of Transcript of study Results (subjects taken during their degrees, along with the marks obtained and the number of hours/credits devoted to each subject); and
- Recommendation letters (one compulsory and 1 optional) with contact reference(s).
2. SELECTION CRITERIA
Candidates that fulfill the admission criteria above will be ranked according to the following selection criteria:
- Language skills
- Type of entrance qualification
- Academic records
- Work experience and professional qualifications
- Motivation letter, curriculum vitae, recommendation letters.